Over the Christmas break I thought I would play a bit with MonoDroid or Mono for Android as I guess it is now called.  Things were going pretty well until I decided to split the data access components into their own library. I was on v3.05 and compiling resulted in an encounter with the diabolical issue 7905. The fix suggested in that was altering

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.9/lib/mono/xbuild/Microsoft/Portable/v4.0/Microsoft.Portable.CSharp.targets

To change

to

This did get me most of the way there but I ran into the error

targetframeworkversion v1.0 could not be converted to an android api level

Digging around a little bit with that I found that in the same file altering the properties defined at the top to

Corrected the issue. It was a bit disappointing that this didn’t work out of the box. I would have thought that creating portable libraries would be a pretty common use case for Mono for X platforms.